Friday, September 12, 2014

Using Technology to Improve Communications with Parents

I can remember back when I was in school, how my parent/teacher conferences used to be.  My teachers would speak to my parents about my grades and participation in class.  My parents would attentively listen and hold sacred every word they said. Not anymore! Parents and teachers communicate very differently these days. 

After reading an article titled "5 Tech Tools To Boost Teacher-to-Parent Communication" , I realize the different and innovative ways technology can be incorporated into every aspect of teaching.  I have been used to speaking to parents directly or emailing them if I necessary.  However,  this article suggests alternative ways we can use technology to make our parent communication more personable and immediate. 

Some of the suggestions were to use texts as a reminder tool, creating classroom websites to keep parents informed of any event happening in the class and having a blog where teachers, students and parents can have platform for healthy discussions.

I am sure parents enjoy feeling part of their child's classroom life so why not integrate them into the  school routine by using these  alternative tools. As a parent myself, I appreciate when my daughters' teachers go out of their way to make me  feel part of their classroom life!
 
Personal Mind Map to illustrate ideas used from  MindMeister 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment